JEE Advanced is conducted every year in our country through one of the seven Indian Institutes of Technology notably, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Roorkee under the supervision of the Joint […]
JEE Advanced is conducted every year in our country through one of the seven Indian Institutes of Technology notably, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Roorkee under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). By qualifying the JEE Advanced, aspirants can ensure admission in the following courses of study:
- Tech, BS – 4 years Bachelors Degree
- Arch – 5 years Bachelors Degree
- Tech, M.Tech, BS, MS – 5 years Dual Degree
- Tech, MSc – 5 years Integrated Masters Degree
The Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced
The students who secure a rank within the top 2,50,000 rankers in JEE Mains are subject to eligibility for appearing JEE Advanced. Also, the candidates are divided into categories on caste basis.
The Registration Process and Fees
- An aspirant needs to fill up the personal and educational details online on the official website after reading the Information Brochure of JEE Advanced. Once the form is submitted online, you cannot make any further changes or modifications. Thus, one must fill up all the details carefully.
- The registration fees for Indian Nationals is divided into two categories –
Female Candidates (all categories) & SC, ST, and PwD Candidates pay INR 1400.
All other candidates pay INR 2800
- Further, the aspirants need to upload all scanned copies of educational documents in the prescribed formats.
- The next step is the payment of registration fees. The admit card is issued only after payment of registration is successfully completed.
The JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
- The test is conducted online through the official website.
- There are 2 papers to be solved in the exam.
- The exam’s duration is 3 hours.
- The exam is conducted in Hindi and English language only.
- Subjects of study for the exam are namely, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The types of questions are in 3 formats – Single correct option, Multiple correct options, and Single-digit integer. All questions are Multiple Choice Questions.
Aspects of JEE Advanced Cutoff
- Only the ones who are qualifying for the JEE Advanced cutoff are eligible for seeking admissions in IITs.
- The JEE Advanced cutoff listings are different for different categories.
- Every aspirant must secure a rank above the cutoff to acquire a seat in IITs.
- The allotment of seats is solely based on the All India Ranks (AIR) in JEE Advanced examinations.
- Every participating institute has a separate list of rank holders.
- The students are informed about the cutoff of JEE Advance as soon as it is released by IIT Delhi.
- The cutoff contains a minimum percentage of marks in every subject in the exam and also the minimum percentage required of aggregate marks.
The elements that directly affect the Cutoff of JEE Advanced Question Paper are:
- The number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- The level of complexity of the exam.
- The seat matrix of the IITs.
- The cutoff trends of previous years.
- The performance of all candidates appearing for the JEE Advanced.
Where can one download the JEE Advanced Previous Year Question Paper & Sample Papers?
The only website to download the JEE Advanced Sample Papers and JEE Advanced Question Paper is the official website of JEE Advanced. There are other trustworthy and genuine educational platforms too that can be easily accessed by JEE aspirants for downloading the JEE Advanced Sample Papers. We suggest the aspirants download at least 5 years’ sample papers from these websites and keep solving them. Because the preparation for JEE Advanced can be skillfully done within the set time limit only by practicing sample papers.
You can also download JEE Advanced Question Paper here free of cost – https://www.shiksha.com/b-tech/jee-advanced-exam-question-papers.